Friday 5 February 2010

Films I am Looking Forward to for 2010


Films coming out in 2010 that I'm excited about (sub-set - those that are on the Empire website so far)... in vague order of release...
  • Youth in Revolt (more witty awkward late-teen comedy with Michael Cera - hurrah!)
  • The Wolfman (old school B-movie horror with A-list cast and budget - more hurrah!)
  • Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief (will probably be crap but I do love my young adult fantasy adaptations)
  • Ponyo (more Miyazaki! I love it! I'm hoping for an underwater Kiki...)
  • The Lovely Bones (Peter Jackson is the king! [apart from Kong, that was a shame], hopefully a Heavenly Creatures with LOTR experience under his belt, will Ronan be the Winslet of her generation?! I reckon yes)
  • Micmacs (Will anything be as good as Amelie ever again? We can but hope...)
  • Capitalism: A Love Story (His methods are appalling, but Moore is always good for a bit of righteous left-wing rage)
  • Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton/Lewis Carroll - a match made in heaven)
  • Iron Man 2 (Most unexpectedly ace film of 2008, now with Mickey Rourke!)
  • Robin Hood (gotta be better than Costner...)
  • Toy Story 3 (Pixar can do no wrong in my eyes, in any dimension. Can't wait!)
And films I'm not...
  • Sex and the City 2 (I'd rather die in a car crash)
Image from moviesmedia.ign.com

No comments:

Post a Comment